The number of adults choosing to wear braces is becoming more evident.
While the aesthetics of crooked teeth is often at the forefront of most peoples’ minds, the truth is that visual appeal may be lower on the list of concerns when it comes to why you might need orthodontic treatment.
Many people are unaware, but crooked teeth can severely impact your oral and overall health.
Some of the most common issues are:
- Crooked teeth are difficult to clean. This can result in increased bacteria growth and gum disease. (This can be a leading cause of persistent bad breath in many patients).
- Your teeth will suffer undue and unnatural wear and tear.
- Worn, uneven, or poorly aligned teeth are at a higher risk of chipping or cracking.
- Incorrect bite can lead to unnecessary jaw pain.
- Drastically crooked teeth can create difficulties chewing.
- Oral infections and bacteria can severely impact your overall health. Studies have shown that prolonged oral infections can lead to diseases such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and pneumonia.
Beyond all this, crooked teeth can affect your self-esteem, and consequently mental health.
When viewed in this way, it is very easy to see why correcting crooked teeth is important.
For many adults, the idea of undergoing traditional braces treatment can be daunting. Luckily, the stigma surrounding braces has lessened in recent years. However, for those that are still intimidated, Tony Weir Orthodontics also offer Lingual Braces.
These braces are just like conventional braces, except the brackets and wires are attached to the back of your teeth instead of the front – ideal for those that do not want to alter the aesthetics of their smile while orthodontic work is being completed. Many people are potential candidates for lingual braces.
Additionally, and perhaps more excitingly Tony Weir Orthodontics also offer Invisalign treatment.
By using a series of clear, removable aligners, Invisalign straightens your teeth with results you’ll notice sooner than you think. The course of treatment involves changing aligners every one to two weeks, moving your teeth into straighter position step by step, until you have a beautiful smile.
There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You simply pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete and you achieve the confident smile that you’ve always wanted. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you are straightening your teeth. Invisalign is superior to any form of braces in terms of comfort, ability to eat, and ease of cleaning teeth. There are also superior for people who grind their teeth.
If you are interested in finding your best smile, then contact our friendly Brisbane Orthodontics based team today!