Once purely the reserve of teenagers, orthodontic braces have recently become more popular with adults who are keen on achieving their dream smile!
In fact, even A-list celebrities have been seen sporting train tracks and metal mouths, and many have admitted that their movie star smiles have had a little help from orthodontics.
From singers and actors of all ages, check out this list of celebs who have embraced braces to achieve their smiles.
- Angelina Jolie, Hollywood’s leading actress – braces as a teenager
- Beyonce Knowles, RnB superstar – adult braces at 29
- Britney Spears, pop sensation – braces and retainer in her teenage years
- Dakota Fanning, who won our hearts in I Am Sam – braces in early teens
- Delta Goodrem, singer-songwriter – adult braces at 20
- Faye Dunaway, celebrity actress – adult braces at 61!
- Gwen Stefani, queen of punk rock – adult braces at 30
- Khloe Kardashian, celebrity sister – adult Invisalign
- Niall Horan, One Direction boy bander – teenage braces
- Nicolas Cage, actor – underwent orthodontic treatment between films.
- Prince Harry, English royalty – braces in his 20s
- Tom Cruise, A-list actor – adult braces at 39
Wear Your Braces with Pride!
You may be even more surprised to hear that a lot of these celebrities have opted for traditional metal braces , instead of deciding on less visible options such as clear Invisalign braces, and lingual braces that are fitted to the inside of teeth. With this statement, celebs are showing that they’re not just embracing their braces; they’re showing them off loud and proud!
When superstar Beyonce donned the full metal brackets there was nothing technically wrong with her teeth. The RnB star has said she wanted to send a message to millions of her teenage fans that ‘faces with braces’ can still have ‘grins that wins’.
Another famous songstress, Gwen Stefani, said her braces were the first thing she bought once her punk rock band No Doubt made a bit of money. ‘I always told myself when I got rich, that’s the first thing I’d do,’ Gwen has claimed.
Wearing braces shows you care about looking after your teeth, and your future smile. And there’s nothing cooler than being yourself, and showing that to the world – if you’re not bothered by your braces it’s likely no one else is either!
Feel Better About Braces
These days, traditional braces come in a range of different colours and styles and the latest versions are almost invisible, with clear or natural coloured brackets. If it’s still important to you or your child to have a less visible treatment option, you may like to consider the virtually invisible lingual braces or clear Invisalign aligners.
Book an Appointment with a Professional Orthodontist
Whichever treatment option you choose, we hope this has been a nice reminder that even the rich and the famous aren’t born with perfect teeth.
If your child or teenager is feeling self-conscious about their braces, remind them of this fact, and show them some photos of Beyonce and Britney, Prince Harry and Niall. And if you’ve been unsure about getting adult braces yourself, remember – if Tom Cruise and Faye Dunaway can do it in their 40s and 60s, so can you!